The South African tier of the Kia Motor Company first emerged in South Africa in 1988, and just some of the models that have come from this brand include the Forte, the Cerato, the Optima and the K9.
It’s an excellent car for taking a long road trip, and it’s also one of the choice vehicles for any business professional who needs to make a stunning first impression with their car.
The Picanto was first launched to SA consumers in 2004, and since then thousands of these cars have rolled out to local roads – and helped thousands of people keep their business going or get from A to B.
If you’re looking for a comfortable second-hand car, this is one of the best cars you can choose – and we’ve got the most comprehensive listing of Picantos for sale anywhere on the internet.
Introducing the Second Hand Kia Picanto
This is one of the most popular brands to ever emerge from the brand, and the car is built with comfort, safety and just the right amount of speed in mind.
It’s the perfect family car, but at the same time it’s also the perfect car for your business – especially if you spend a lot of time on the road and need to make a great first impression.
When we say that it’s the most popular brand, there are approximately 700 new models rolled off the production line and sold to consumers every month – and numbers are set to go up.
Its Best Features
The car is available in either 1.0L or 1.2L petrol engine models, and five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission for total control over the road when you’re driving.
It’s built for safety, and has excellent handling no matter what conditions you are driving in – and it comes with extra safety and luxury features including air conditioning, airbags and a built-in sound system that’s hard to beat.
Reasons to Buy a Cheap Picanto Through Surf4Cars
What makes it the perfect car?
- The vehicle offers great fuel economy, something that really matters when you don’t want to blow your month’s worth of budget in fuel – you can get mileage of up to 4.9L to 100km, and it’s built to reduce the amount of carbon emissions put out by your car.
It is one of the most popular cars produced by Kia, which means that there are many great options available to buy and loads of spares available when you need them.
Facts About the Company
Here are some lesser known facts about the company that’ll grab your interest.
- It’s always been a brand that’s focused on sustainability, quality and bettering the environment as well as their vehicles: In 2013, Kia Motors opened its first solar powered dealership that took a considerable weight off their overall carbon footprint – and it’s a step in the right direction.
- If you’ve ever wondered just what the word “Kia” means, it translates roughly to “to come out of the East”, referring to the original origins of the company.
- The South African branch of the car company was first founded in 1997, but its parent company abroad has a history that goes back as far as to the mid-40s!
An Award-Winning Car
Awards are often how we judge the merits of our cars. Here are some of the excellent awards that the Picanto has gotten since its introduction.
- It was chosen as the WhatCar.com Car of the Year Awards for 2018, besting the competition to become the very top.
- It became the Cars.co.za Consumer Awards finalist for Best Car of the Year.
- And was chosen as the recipient of the coveted Red Dot design award for 2018