Hyundai vehicles were first introduced to the South African market somewhere after the dawn of the millennium in 2000, and it immediately changed the face of both the new and used vehicle market for consumers.
Today, they have sold thousands of excellent quality vehicles and many of these cars are still driving happily on our roads – a testament to their reliability.
Any discussion about an affordable, environmentally friendly vehicle is bound to lead straight to Hyundai – and part of what’s made them so fitting for the SA market has been the fact that they’re easy to repair and great to drive.
Here are three fascinating facts you might not have known about this popular car manufacturer.
- The first proudly South African assembly plant was opened by the corporation in 2014, and stated its mammoth goal of producing 1.2 million cars in South Africa by the end of 2020. Almost at their goal, many of these vehicles are still in excellent condition and available as pre-owned cars for sale.
- The company is known for their levels of innovation, and what has proven to be one of their most popular SUV models abroad has recently been released for South Africa. The Kona was first brought to South African roads in October 2018, and if reviews are to be believed, it’ll turn out to be a dream to drive.
- The company cares about far more than cars, and their corporate responsibility has extended to many different spheres – including the rights of women in South Africa. They’ve tackled the issue of fairness in the workplace, publishing statistics that expose the truth of the matter that women can earn as much as 27% less than their male counterparts.
Browsing through the Surf4Cars catalogue and not sure which is the right one for your needs? Here are some of the models that you can find on the road – and the best features of each.
The i20 is one of their most popular hatchback models, available in a 1.2L or 1.4 L petrol engine that comes with 70kW of power offers one of the most comfortable driving experience in their catalogue. It comes with plenty of added features like adjustable air-conditioning and LED running lamps and bi-function headlights for added visibility on the road.
The Elantra is one of the overall most popular sedan models on the road today, and this one comes with a 1.5L engine and extra safety features like six airbags and a parking assist system to ensure that you have a safe, comfortable driving experience. Built with luxurious, quality leather seats ensuring that the luxury lasts.
The Hyundai Creta is built for taking the scenic route, offering a 1.6L petrol or diesel-powered engine with 90 to 94kW of power under the hood. It’s built for optimal fuel consumption, less carbon emissions for environmentally conscious drivers and special safety features for added driver and passenger safety and visibility on the road.
Hyundai Remains Award-Winning
Since its introduction to South Africa, the company has taken home multiple awards for the best concepts in design and excellence in ensuring both the safety and comfort of their drivers. Here are some of the awards from over the years that make all the difference when choosing your used Hyundai for sale through Surf4Cars.
- They were the recipient of the Concept Car of the Year for 2013, showing incredible ingenuity and creativity when designing the popular Genesis.
- The Tucson was chosen as the 2016 Reader’s Choice recipient for the Women on Wheels Car of the Year award.
- They won the 2018 award for International Design Excellence for their inverted headlights, a design that ensures both a return to a particularly cool style and more visibility on the road.