The Kia brand was first introduced to South Africa in 1997, and they moved quickly to become one of the most popular brands you can find – and today they’re synonymous with stylish, affordable cars that can take on the harsh conditions of our country’s roads with ease.
Just some of the most popular models they offer include the Picanto, Rio, Sportage, Sorento and Soul. Research shows that the hatchback models have proved to be some of the most popular models available.
Even more models (including the Stinger) are soon to be introduced to the market - and you can find many used models available through the Surf4Cars catalogue.
Three Fascinating Facts
Here are three interesting facts that you probably didn’t know about the brand.
- Kia is South Korea’s oldest car company, and they have history that goes back to the 1950’s – though surprisingly not as a car manufacturer. First, they produced bicycles and later motorcycles until they finally made the switch to cars and developing some of the more familiar car models we know today.
According to official reports, the car’s brand name is a direct translation for “to come out of the East” and although they originally did, today many cars are produced in South Africa instead. They’re also known for being very creative when naming individual cars!
- Need a service? Part of what’s made them so popular is intensely good customer service for anyone who drives one, and they even have a local parts distribution centre to make any parts that you need to find much easier to track down – and you’ll know that the parts installed in your car are always original, authentic parts only.
Awards Define Perception
Awards are our way of judging many things in life, including our choice of car – and here are some awards that prove that they’re one of the best car manufacturers around when you’re looking for a quality car.
- They were named the Best Global Brand in 2016, and received the highly-coveted JD Power Quality Award for an incredible four years in a row – and that’s how you prove that you’re one of the best vehicle brands around!
- In local news, they were also a finalist of the SAGMJ Car of the Year Award for the Rio – one of the most popular used models for sale on websites like Surf4Cars!
- Safety really matters when you’re driving, and the Kia Sorento was the IHHS Top Safety Pick for 2017.
Used Kia For Sale Through Surf4Cars
Looking for the right used Kia for sale but can’t decide? Here are three models from their line of cars that you can find for sale on Surf4Cars:
The Sorento is their offering if you’re looking for an excellent SUV with luxury and power. It goes from zero to a hundred kilometres in 9.4 seconds, and it’s powered by your choice of diesel engine, including a 2.0L or 3.5L V6 engine that offers as much as 147kW of power under the hood.
The Candenza gets its name from a music condition technique – usually a solo that plays by its own rules somewhere towards the ending of a song, and it’s available with a choice of two petrol engines which includes the 3.5L and 2.5L.. This is your choice for a unique blend of comfort and style.
The Optima is a newer introduction to the market, offering a 2.0L or 2.4L engine and as much as 130kW of power – and it even comes with an extra touch of luxury that includes air-conditioning and heated seats.