Volkswagen Cars for Sale
The brand was first introduced in the 1930s during a time when car access was extremely limited, and since its inception its managed to make international leaps to become the highest selling car brand for several years in a row (2016/2017) in the entire world.
“Volksies” as they’re often affectionately called in South Africa, are as reliable as tanks, and known for being a great car for first-time drivers, experienced drivers, students and drivers who need their cars for their business driving needs.
They’re award-winning, guaranteed to keep driving and one of the easiest cars to fix. Surf4Cars has the largest online catalogue of used cars if you need a Volkswagen for sale.
The South African Connection
Volkswagen was first introduced to South Africa during the 1950s, with the first Beetle rolled off a local production line in Uitenhage during August 1951. It marked the start of a new era for vehicles, and the introduction of one of the most popular brands of all-time for South African consumers.
If you want a car guaranteed to be safe, comfortable and reliable, this is usually one of the first car brands that people will recommend – and for very good reason.
Not only have many new vehicles been introduced to South African roads, there are thousands of great cheap used Volkswagen models available online that drive just as great as the day they came off the showroom floor.
A used vehicle can drive just as well as a new one, and Surf4Cars has the best collection of deals on on the internet so that you can find your perfect car in a few clicks or less.
3 Things You Didn’t Know about VW
Here are 3 incredible things that you might not have known about the brand that shows just how well they perform:
- The first-ever Volkswagen to be rolled of a local South African production plant was a classic Beetle, and it happened way back in August 1951 at the Uitenhage production plant, which still exists today.
- The Citi Golf is a proudly South African vehicle model, designed and manufactured in South Africa between 1984 and 2009. Even though newer models have taken over newer sales, the Citi-model still makes for an excellent used car, and there are many of them listed right here on Surf4Cars.
- The proudly South African plant in Uitenhage achieved an incredible milestone when they manufactured their one millionth car engine in 2018.
3 Important Safety Features
There are many good reasons why they make for an excellent, safe and reliable vehicle choice, but you don’t just have to take our word for it. Here are 3 good reasons why you should drive one for safety.
- Many models are introduced with full airbags on both the driver and passenger side, but that’s not all: They also come with side-thorax airbags to protect from side impacts.
- Blind-spot monitoring on new models makes for a great safety feature for avoiding those spots where you can’t see clearly.
- Their unique tire pressure monitoring system helps you save time – and you don’t have to pull over to check.
Not sure what to choose? Here are 3 of the most popular models you’ll find in SA.
The Citi Golf was available in several engine types, including a 1.3L, 1.6L and 1.8L engine throughout the models, with power output between 55kW and 90kW – and reliability that made it a favourite.
The Jetta is another one of the most popular models offered, available in 1.2L, 1.4L, 1.6L or 1.8L engines – and an incredible top speed while still being able to boast with the fuel-efficiency that makes it a great car.
The Amarok comes with a 3.0L V6 engine with 165kW of power, and can handle almost anything that you throw at it; it’s great for drivers who need a more rugged car type.
This is one of the most award-winning brands around. Here are just some of the awards they’ve won during their time:
- An incredible 108 million cars were delivered by the brand during the year 2018.
Carbon emissions were reduced by a total of 30%, for which they were awarded the SJM Flex Environmental Awards 2018.
- VW was the top choice for a used car model during the 2018 Gumtree Auto Pre-Owned Awards with several different car models.