There are many drivers who firmly believe that driving is something that should always happen in luxury and style. If you’re one of the drivers who share this opinion, then a second hand Mercedes Benz is the right choice for you.
When you’re behind the wheel in one of these cars, you convey a certain class and style – which is important when first impressions are everything.
Here’s why a used Mercedes Benz could be the perfect next car choice for you.
Mercedes Benz for Sale Second Hand
Not only does the brand have a long and rich international history, it has become integral in South African culture – and it’s been a goal for many youngsters to one day sit behind the wheel of their own Mercedes.
Maybe you are just getting to know the brand and looking for your first car, or maybe you’ve been driving them for a while and want to find your next perfect model; whatever your reasons for buying one, there’s very good reason why what you’re buying is one of the best.
When you're looking for a stylish secondhand buy, there's nothing better than one of these German masterpieces.
3 Things You Didn’t Know About the Brand
Thought you knew everything there is to know about the brand? Think again! Here are three fascinating facts:
- The first Benz to see South Africa was more than 100 years ago: A Velo model that was showcased to the then-president Paul Kruger in Berea Park, Pretoria in 1897 according to the official Benz Club South Africa.
- Ever wondered what the name really means? It is actually named after the daughter of a prominent racer and entrepreneur, and the name still carries her legacy today.
- The first production car that was ever put into production was a Benz, and was known as the simple Patent Motorwagen. Did they have any idea just how much it would catch on?
Sales is one of the most important things when defining a brand. Here’s how they’ve performed in South Africa since their introduction:
According to an article in Car Magazine, the brand sold an incredible 16, 164 new models during the year 2018.
A press release from Daimler reveals that they sold an incredible 2.3 million cars worldwide during the year 2017, and was one of the top-selling car brands in the world for the year.
Used Models for Sale
Here are 3 of the popular models available for sale:
- The AMG C63 is a rugged version of your regular luxury Merc, and it comes with a 4.0L V8 diesel engine outputting an incredible 350kW of maximum power; some later models have upped this capacity to as much as 588kW under the hood.
- The C300 is the most popular illustration of the style that comes with driving a C-class. It comes with a 2.0L petrol engine with 190kW of power purring under the engine, and it’s available as a four-wheel drive option that really sticks to the road.
- The B180 is for when you need a little more space; it’s the bigger hatchback option, and comes with several engine choices, including a 1.5L diesel engine (85kW of power) or the 2.0L diesel engine that puts out 110kW.
The brand is well-known for being one of the top-performers in the world – and they’ve been recognized for their incredible ingenuity, class and quality vehicles both on an international scale and right here in SA. Here are just some of the awards the brand has won over the years:
- The International German PR Prize for 2018 shows that building a great brand is about far more than only building quality vehicles, and they perform well in their international efforts to wise-up consumers about what it is they're driving.
- The brand took home a whopping 10 awards at the Automotive Brand Contest in 2016 (10 awards).
- In 2018, the NY Daily News awarded the C-Class the coveted award of being the best consumer luxury vehicle of the year.